storm-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Lee <lee.robert...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Pulling "Contrib" Modules into Apache
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2014 18:43:27 GMT
To build on Bobby's statement, it does pain me as a user to have to search
outside of the project modules to find a compatible build that works with
the latest version of storm as well as the latest module version. However,
in instances such as hbase, cassandra, kafka, etc., I think these commonly
used contrib projects should be pulled into storm if they meet stringent
criteria of:

1) Several volunteer developers familiar with code to update as new
versions arise
2) Fully implemented bolt/spout

" If the build and test time starts to take too long, to me that means we
need to start wondering if we have too many contrib modules." -- +1

I would be willing to volunteer with the cassandra backing map module
(especially with the latest CQL3 release).