stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Gomez <bgo...@roguewave.com>
Subject RE: question about serving pages from a database
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 18:57:09 GMT
Ok, after looking into this.  Apache serves these pages through a cgi script
and an anonymous checkout procedure.

The links need to look like this at least the initial link to the
documentation:
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/incubator/stdcxx/trunk/doc/stdl
ibref/index.html

Note the viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/

The internal documentation links work fine as they are relative links, so we
just need to make the link to access the documentation like the one above
and it should work from there.

Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Sebor [mailto:sebor@roguewave.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 11:04 AM
To: stdcxx-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: question about serving pages from a database

Benjamin Gomez wrote:
> The headers are actually produced by whatever script or program is writing
> the pages to the browser.

I see. Thanks for the tutorial! :)

[...]
> Do we have access to the actual code that serves the pages out of the DB?

I'm sure with some effort we could find it. Subversion comes with
its own simple Web server called svnserve:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn-book.html#svn.serverconfig.svnser
ve

Here's the source:
http://svn.collab.net/viewcvs/svn/trunk/subversion/svnserve/

But I suspect the interface we're using might be some Apache
Subversion access module. I guess infra@apache.org would be
the place to find out for sure.

Martin