stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Black <abl...@roguewave.com>
Subject build failure on Mac OS X 10.2.8
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 17:10:11 GMT
Greetings all.

Last night I attempted to build the stdcxx library and tests/examples on
my Mac OS X box, runing version 10.2.8 of the operating system.
Unfortunately, the make process failed building the dependancies for
include/rw/_traits.h with a message about an undefined macro
_RWSTD_WEOF.  I have attached the generated config.h. I also have
captured the output for uname -a and gcc -v (at the end of this message)
if it would provide any helpful information, but I didn't think to
capture the output from the make process.

Looking at the file in question, it appears that _RWSTD_WEOF is used at
line 337 (in the eof method of the wchar_t specalization of the
char_traits struct) without checking if _RWSTD_NO_WEOF is defined.  It
is likely that the fix would be to check if _RWSTD_NO_WEOF is not
defined, and to provide a default return value if it is undefined, but I
don't know what that value should be (-1 perhaps?).
It appears that there is a similar problem with _RWSTD_EOF in the char
specalization. and the same problem with _RWSTD_WEOF in src/wctype.cpp

--Andrew Black

bash-2.05a$ uname -a
Darwin Metropolis.local. 6.8 Darwin Kernel Version 6.8: Wed Sep 10
15:20:55 PDT 2003; root:xnu/xnu-344.49.obj~2/RELEASE_PPC  Power
Macintosh powerpc
bash-2.05a$ gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/libexec/gcc/darwin/ppc/3.1/specs
Thread model: posix
Apple Computer, Inc. GCC version 1175, based on gcc version 3.1 20020420
(prerelease)