What you suggested seems to have worked for unit tests. But now it throws this at run time on mesos with spark-submit:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: when resolving method "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder.getLoggerFactory()Lorg/slf4j/ILoggerFactory;" the class loader (instance of org/apache/spark/util/ChildFirstURLClassLoader) of the current class, org/slf4j/LoggerFactory, and the class loader (instance of sun/misc/Launcher$AppClassLoader) for resolved class, org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder, have different Class objects for the type LoggerFactory; used in the signature
	at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getILoggerFactory(LoggerFactory.java:336)
	at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getLogger(LoggerFactory.java:284)
	at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getLogger(LoggerFactory.java:305)
	at com.company.spark.utils.SparkJob.<clinit>(SparkJob.java:41)
	at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit$.org$apache$spark$deploy$SparkSubmit$$runMain(SparkSubmit.scala:634)
	at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit$.doRunMain$1(SparkSubmit.scala:170)
	at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit$.submit(SparkSubmit.scala:193)
	at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit$.main(SparkSubmit.scala:112)

On 6 October 2015 at 16:20, Marcelo Vanzin <vanzin@cloudera.com> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 12:04 PM, Gary Ogden <gogden@gmail.com> wrote:
> But we run unit tests differently in our build environment, which is
> throwing the error. It's setup like this:
>
> I suspect this is what you were referring to when you said I have a problem?

Yes, that is what I was referring to. But, in your test environment,
you might be able to work around the problem by setting
"spark.ui.enabled=false"; that should disable all the code that uses
Jersey, so you can use your newer version in your unit tests.

--
Marcelo