HI
 still having issues in installing spark on windows 8
the spark web console runs successfully.. i can run spark pi example, however wheni run spark-shell i am getting the following exception

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: The root scratch dir: /t
mp/hive on HDFS should be writable. Current permissions are: ---------
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState.start(SessionState.jav
a:522)
        at org.apache.spark.sql.hive.client.ClientWrapper.<init>(ClientWrapper.s
cala:171)
        at org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveContext.executionHive$lzycompute(HiveCo
ntext.scala:162)
        at org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveContext.executionHive(HiveContext.scala
:160)
        at org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveContext.<init>(HiveContext.scala:167)

i have amended the permisisons to full access for my account on windows 8... i am trying to understand if this exception can be ablocker if i decide to submt tasks to spark
given the fact that i can run spark example, this does no tlook like a blocker but  seeing exceptions when i launch the spark shell does not make me feel comfortable, expecially if i dont understand why i am having exception
doesn't spark like windows 8?

any suggestions appreciated

kind regards
 marco