1) if you are using thrift server any cached tables would be cached for all sessions (I am not sure if this was your question)
2) If you want to ensure that the smaller table in the join is replicated to all nodes, you can do the following
left.join(broadcast(right), "joinKey")
look at this https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-8300

Deenar