I found it in 1.3 documentation lit says something else not percent

public static Column lit(Object literal)
Creates a Column of literal value.

The passed in object is returned directly if it is already a Column. If the object is a Scala Symbol, it is converted into a Column also. Otherwise, a new Column is created to represent the literal value.

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 12:39 AM, <Saif.A.Ellafi@wellsfargo.com> wrote:

Where can we find other available functions such as lit() ? I can’t find lit in the api.

Thanks

From: Michael Armbrust [mailto:michael@databricks.com]
Sent: Friday, October 09, 2015 4:04 PM
To: unk1102
Cc: user
Subject: Re: How to calculate percentile of a column of DataFrame?

You can use callUDF(col("mycol"), lit(0.25)) to call hive UDFs from dataframes.

On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 12:01 PM, unk1102 <umesh.kacha@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi how to calculate percentile of a column in a DataFrame? I cant find any
percentile_approx function in Spark aggregation functions. For e.g. in Hive
we have percentile_approx and we can use it in the following way

hiveContext.sql("select percentile_approx("mycol",0.25) from myTable);

I can see ntile function but not sure how it is gonna give results same as
above query please guide.