I'm interested in it but I doubt there is r-tree indexing support in the near future as spark is not a database. You might have a better luck looking at databases with spatial indexing support out of the box.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad

On 2015-10-18, at 17:16, Mustafa Elbehery <elbeherymustafa@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

I am trying to use spark to process Spatial Data. I am looking for R-Tree Indexing support in best case, but I would be fine with any other indexing capability as well, just to improve performance.

Anyone had the same issue before, and is there any information regarding Index support in future releases ?!!

Regards.

--
Mustafa Elbehery
+49(0)15750363097