servicecomb-dev mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSSION]about servicecomb java chassis release plan
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2021 09:23:56 GMT
Apache provides the endorsement with the source release, we need to go
through the vote process of PMC.
Even for the minor version release we still need to go through the
voting process.
Please follow the rule.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 12:06 PM bismy <bismy@qq.com> wrote:

> I explained in short 'In order to meet customers requirements of continuous intergration'.&nbsp;&nbsp;
> The vote process takes too long time, for emergency customer needs, we can't wait the
vote process.&nbsp;

> ------------------&nbsp;原始邮件&nbsp;------------------
                                             "dev"
                                            <willem.jiang@gmail.com&gt;;
> 发送时间:&nbsp;2021年2月10日(星期三) 中午11:11
> 收件人:&nbsp;"dev"<dev@servicecomb.apache.org&gt;;
>
> 主题:&nbsp;Re: [DISCUSSSION]about servicecomb java chassis release plan
>

> If we just add a tag on the branch without the vote we cannot call it
> a release.
> Could you explain why you are doing this?
>
> Willem Jiang
>
> Twitter: willemjiang
> Weibo: 姜宁willem
>
> On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 5:47 PM bismy <bismy@qq.com&gt; wrote:
> &gt;
> &gt; Hi all,&amp;nbsp;
> &gt;
> &gt;
> &gt; In order to meet customers requirements of continuous intergration, I am going
to change the schedule of java chassis release plan. As&amp;nbsp;
> &gt;
> &gt;
> &gt; 1. release minor versions without vote and no RN is provided. e.g. I will release
2.1.6, 2.1.7, etc at any possible time without the vote process, and no RN is provided. I
only add a tag in github.&amp;nbsp;
> &gt; 2. release major versions in about 2~3 months, and the process is the same as
we did before. e.g. I will release 2.2.0 according to the release schedule in JIRA, and vote
before release this version.&amp;nbsp;