servicecomb-dev mailing list archives

From "bismy" <bi...@qq.com>
Subject 回复: [discuss][java-chassis] change core mechanism from strong type toweak type
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2019 01:50:36 GMT
Can you list notable changes that users need to know when upgrade to the new version? This
can help us to make the decision.

In my opinion, if users upgrade to new version, and they can make some code change without
lose any function, we can go forward this PR. Plus for running applications, one microservice
upgrade does not cause others (providers/consumers) to upgrade is necessary.

If the two conditions mentioned above not match, we need to create a new branch to merge this
PR.
发件人: "zzzwjm"<zzzwjm@gmail.com>;
发送时间: 2019年2月1日(星期五) 中午11:34
收件人: "dev"<dev@servicecomb.apache.org>;

主题: Re: [discuss][java-chassis] change core mechanism from strong type toweak type

useful for all scenes, i just write edge as a example, because edge has the
most serious problem with jvm meta overflow
edge and normal microservice share the same mechanism

compatible problem include:

   - some customer's handler and filter customization maybe need some
   change, because:
      - org.apache.servicecomb.swagger.invocation.SwaggerInvocation#swaggerArguments
      will change name or removed
      - java datatype in operationMeta will not always present
   - abandon highway, change to highway2, because highway codec based on
   ProtoStuff, ProtoStuff depend on strong type and not compatible to ProtoBuf
   for some datatye
   - ......

Willem Jiang <willem.jiang@gmail.com> 于2019年1月31日周四 下午9:07写道: