servicecomb-dev mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [discuss][pack]About Alpha module naming
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2019 06:27:15 GMT
We could set the spring-cloud-eureka profile to be activated by
default,  if the user want to switch to other service discovery
module, we could change it.
BTW, we need to update the License file[1] for the new third party
dependencies we introduced.

[1]https://github.com/apache/servicecomb-pack/blob/master/distribution/src/release/LICENSE

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 12:03 PM zhang_lei@boco.com.cn
<zhang_lei@boco.com.cn> wrote:

> Solution about https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SCB-1180
>
> We can include spring-cloud-starter-netflix-eureka-client dependencies by default in
the release version.  Release exec jar size changed from the original 57M to 74.5M

> Compile parameter -Pspring-cloud-eureka  will be discarded, To enable the Eureka Discovery
Client, you can set eureka.client.enabled=true, This allows the user to experience it quickly.

> Support spring cloud eureka 1.x and 2.x at the same time, spring cloud eureka 2.x by
default, you can be use profile build switch 1.x, I want to consider module splitting after
implementing this feature

> Any suggestions
>

> coolbeevip
> ————————————————————————
> BOCO
>

> > 在 2019年2月25日,下午7:21,Willem Jiang <willem.jiang@gmail.com>
写道:

> > sounds good.
> > I just have one more question, when we build the alpha-server which
> > starter would be used by default?
> >
> > Willem Jiang
> >
> > Twitter: willemjiang
> > Weibo: 姜宁willem
> >
> > On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 6:17 PM zhang_lei@boco.com.cn
> > <zhang_lei@boco.com.cn> wrote:
> >>
> >> The alpha-spring-boot-compatibility module now contains the dependencies of
spring cloud eureka.  I want to do the following refactoring

> >> 1. Remove spring-cloud-starter-netflix-eureka-client dependency from the alpha-spring-boot-compatibility
module
> >> 2. Add alpha-starter-eureka model and added spring-cloud-starter-netflix-eureka-client
dependency
> >> 3. Add a profile for alpha-starter-eureka module reference
> >> 4. Other support modules in the future can also use the naming convention alpha-starter-xxx,
for example alpha-starter-consul