servicecomb-dev mailing list archives

From Mohammad Asif Siddiqui <asifdxtr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Saga Dashboard
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2018 08:43:50 GMT
Hi All,

Currently there is a PR[1] open for this Saga Management Console implementation but this PR
is using '/events' from the alpha server which is just open for test profiles + the events
api gives a lot of information which might not be relevant to the Saga Console and will result
in lot of processing of data on the client browser.

So I propose to add a few api's[2] in alpha server for Saga Mangament Console which will be
used by the UI to display the relevant data. These API's can also be used by third party to
implement their of own UI/Console/CLI for Saga.

The complete proposal for the API is available here [3], please review and provide your feedback.

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-servicecomb-saga/pull/317
[2] https://app.swaggerhub.com/apis/ServiceComb/SagaManagamentConsole/1.0.0
[3]  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SERVICECOMB/Saga+Management+Console+API%27s

Regards
Asif

On 2018/09/19 03:17:12, Willem Jiang <willem.jiang@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 12:21 AM Mohammad Asif Siddiqui
> <asifdxtreme@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Recently I was exploring Saga and I came across Saga Web[1] module which helps to
create Saga Request and View the Results but I was not able to find any web based UI where
I can see the list of all the transactions or view the transactions based on the status, microservices
or tx-id.

> > So I want to propose a Saga Dashboard which can list all the transactions and analyse
the success and failure transactions which can be helpful for Users/Developers both in development
as well as production env.