servicecomb-dev mailing list archives

From "bismy" <bi...@qq.com>
Subject [DISCUSSION] How to migrate configurations from cse to servicecomb prefix
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2018 03:08:12 GMT
Hi,

Currently we duplicate configurations for servicecomb prefix to cse prefix, and in code we
can read configurations by cse prefix. That is:
1. Config file using servicecomb.x.y, can read in code with getProperty("servicecomb.x.y")
and getProperty("cse.x.y")
2. Config file using cse.x.y, can read in code with getProperty("cse.x.y")

If we use cse prefix in code, this is the most portable way to read both cse.x.y and servicecomb.x.y
configurations.

However, this will leading us to write code always using cse, this is not our intention. We
are asking users/developers to using servicecomb gradually.

I suggest we use servicecomb prefix when adding new configuration items. But there maybe some
axtra work users need to do. For example,

One user's project using cse prefix:

cse:
   function:
      a: false
      b: false

And when we add a new configuration item: servicecomb.funciton.c, users must change the configuration
file to one of the following:

servicecomb:
  function:
     a: false
     b: false
     c: false

or
cse:
   function:
      a: false
      b: false

servicecomb:
  function:
     c: false

I think we need to encourage users using servicecomb when upgrading, and developers to use
servicecomb  prefix when adding new configuration items.

Any idea?