river-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Reedy <dennis.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Need for jsk-dl.jar
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 23:24:19 GMT
I'm slogging through classes and jars attempting some modularization of the River codebase.
Its going fairly well. I'm sitting here scratching my head whilst looking at jsk-dl.jar. My
question is as follows:

In general jsk-lib.jar is either in the classpath of a service, as well as in the classpath
of a client. The inclusion of jsk-lib.jar (from a client's point of view) brings along helpful
utilities like ServiceDiscoveryManager and the like. From a service developers point of view,
you can't really get around not using it.

If jsk-lib.jar is in the classpath (and by inclusion jsk-platform.jar), why do we need jsk-dl.jar?
Unless I'm mistaken all of the classes that are in jsk-dl.jar are already in jsk-lib.jar,
why is it needed?

What have I forgotten?

Regards

Dennis