phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From "larsh@apache.org" <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Phoenix 4.15.0 RC2
Date Sat, 07 Dec 2019 18:39:02 GMT
 I filed a blocker bug for 4.16.0 to improve backward compatibility and tests for the same.And
I wow to veto any 4.16 release without that in place. We've almost reached the point at which
Phoenix becomes unreleasable, this has to stop.

For 4.15.0 we have no chance but to release without that.
However, there are some bigger features waiting to be committed soon (View TTL, et al). I
will also veto those until we have 4.15.0 out, so that we do not destabilize 4.15.0 further.
(Or we can create a set of 4.15 branches now and control commits there.)

It pains me a bit that as a community we seem to fail following well known software engineering
principles (always releasable code base, agile principles, frequent releases, comprehensive
test suite, etc, etc).

Cheers.

-- Lars

    On Friday, December 6, 2019, 1:57:50 PM PST, larsh@apache.org <larsh@apache.org>