phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From "larsh@apache.org" <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Phoenix 4.15.0 RC2
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2019 21:57:33 GMT
 Sigh. Agreed.
I change my vote to -1 (binding) as well.

    On Friday, December 6, 2019, 1:51:35 PM PST, Chinmay Kulkarni <chinmayskulkarni@gmail.com>
wrote:

 Thanks for the votes everyone. Thanks for finding this bug Geoffrey, great
debugging!
Unfortunately this looks like a blocker and I change my vote to -1
(binding).

We will be back with an RC3 once this bug gets resolved.

On Fri, Dec 6, 2019 at 12:33 PM Geoffrey Jacoby <gjacoby@apache.org> wrote:

> -1 (binding)
>
> - Built from source (OK)
> - Verified signatures and checksums (OK)
> - Ran mvn clean verify (OK)
> - Tried to run all my use case's DDL with a 4.14 client and a 4.15 server
> whose system tables weren't upgraded yet. It failed on an ALTER TABLE ADD
> COLUMN for lack of SYSTEM.CHILD_LINK when doing child view lookup.
>
> Filed PHOENIX-5605. At the least, if the community decides this is an
> acceptable limitation, there should be a clear error message saying that
> this isn't allowed. But this seems to me to break our backward
> compatibility guarantees.
>
> Geoffrey
>
> On Fri, Dec 6, 2019 at 11:17 AM Nitesh Maheshwari
> <nmaheshwari@salesforce.com.invalid> wrote:
>
> > +1 (Non-binding)
> >
> > Checked the following:
> >
> >    - Built from source
> >    - Verified signatures
> >    - Verified checksums
> >    - Some sanity testing
> >      - Verified schema, table, views, index creation
> >      - Looked at some queries and their EXPLAIN PLAN output
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Nitesh
> >
> > On Thu, Dec 5, 2019 at 8:41 PM Neha Gupta <guptaneha.e@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > +1 (non-binding)
> > >
> > > - Verified checksums : OK
> > > - Verified signatures : OK
> > > - Built from source (4.15.0-HBase-1.3) : OK
> > > - mvn verify : OK
> > > - Did some basic DDL, upserts, deletes, querying, and everything seems
> > > fine.
> > > - Created indexes and views queried them and dropped them, everything
> > seems
> > > fine.

> > > filters,

> > looked