phoenix-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject [VOTE] First hbase-2.0.0-alpha4 Release Candidate is available
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2017 14:17:11 GMT
The first release candidate for HBase 2.0.0-alpha4 is up at:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-2.0.0-alpha4RC0/

Maven artifacts are available from a staging directory here:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1178

All was signed with my key at 8ACC93D2 [1]

I tagged the RC as 2.0.0-alpha4RC0
(5c4b985f89c99cc8b0f8515a4097c811a0848835)

hbase-2.0.0-alpha4 is our fourth alpha release along our march toward
hbase-2.0.0. It includes all that was in previous alphas (new assignment
manager, offheap read/write path, in-memory compactions, etc.), but had a
focus on "Coprocessor Fixup": We no longer pass Coprocessors
InterfaceAudience.Private parameters and we cut down on the access and
ability to influence hbase core processing (See [2] on why the radical
changes in Coprocessor Interface). If you are a Coprocessor developer or
have Coprocessors to deploy on hbase-2.0.0, we need to hear about your
experience now before we make an hbase-2.0.0 beta.

hbase-2.0.0-alpha4 is a rough cut ('alpha'), not-for-production preview of
what hbase-2.0.0 will look like. It is meant for devs and downstreamers to
test drive and flag us early if we messed up anything ahead of our rolling
GAs.

The list of features addressed in 2.0.0 so far can be found here [3]. There
are thousands. The list of ~2k+ fixes in 2.0.0 exclusively can be found
here [4] (My JIRA JQL foo is a bit dodgy -- forgive me if mistakes).

I've updated our overview doc. on the state of 2.0.0 [6]. 2.0.0-beta-1 will
be our next release. Its theme is the "Finishing up 2.0.0" release. Here is
the list of what we have targeted for beta-1 [5]. Check it out. Shout if
there is anything missing. We may do a 2.0.0-beta-2 if a need. We'll see.

Please take this alpha for a spin especially if you are a Coprocessor
developer or have a Coprocessor you want to deploy on hbase-2.0.0. Please
vote on whether it ok to put out this RC as our first alpha (bar is low for
an 'alpha' -- e.g. CHANGES.txt has not been updated). Let the VOTE be open
for 72 hours (Saturday)

Thanks,
Your 2.0.0 Release Manager

1. http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9816C7FC8ACC93D2