perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jean-Michel Hiver <jhi...@mkdoc.com>
Subject Re: HTTP headers - what is wrong
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:53:42 GMT
Chris Faust wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I need to expire a page so if a user uses his back button, he will not
> be able to the previous page (which as a form etc.)..

Sorry if this sounds troll-ish, but IMHO if your application is designed
in such a way that you need to sacrifice standard browser functionality
such as the back button, then your application is very broken.

Presumably if the user presses the back button and it doesn't work, the
next thing that will happen is that they'll close their browser and be
annoyed with your app... I don't see any reason for which you'd want to
break such a basic, important piece of standard functionality.

http://www.google.com/search?q=usability+back+button

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.