perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Andy Lester <a...@petdance.com>
Subject Making perl handlers handle non-Perl
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 18:00:26 GMT

How can I get mod_perl to handle all Apache output, whether or not it
originates with mod_perl?

I'm writing a module that needs to analyze all output generated by Apache.
That's easy enough with stacked handlers, but I'm goofing something up
with, say, static HTML.

If I do this:

        <Location /test>
                PerlHandler     MyFilter
        </Location>

Then static HTML gets served up OK, but MyFilter doesn't seem to get
called.  Or is it, and I'm screwing something up in the filter?

And of course if I do this:

        <Location /test>
		SetHandler	perl-script
                PerlHandler     MyFilter
        </Location>

Then I get no output because the .html files that I'm trying to serve up
out of /test aren't Perl.

Pointers please?  I've got both the Cookbook and the Eagle book if you
want to just point to a page.

Thanks,
Andy

--
%_=split/;/,".;;n;u;e;ot;t;her;c; ".   #   Andy Lester
'Perl ;@; a;a;j;m;er;y;t;p;n;d;s;o;'.  #   http://petdance.com