perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject [Fwd: ApacheCon news]
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:00:21 GMT
Please notice the address for responses: coar@Apache.Org.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: ApacheCon news
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 17:22:37 -0500
From: Ken Coar <coar@Apache.Org>
To: announce@ApacheCon.Com

Greetings!

Please read BOTH of the following paragraphs..

I have good news!  The Apache Software Foundation has completed
the search for a conference management company for the ApacheCon
shows, and we are getting back on track right now.  More information
will be forthcoming, but here's a quick point that may be of interest
<grin>:  Registration for the next ApacheCon will be well under US$1,000!

We need some feedback from you: If we hold the next ApacheCon at the
beginning of August 2002, in Las Vegas, Nevada, do you think you'll
attend?

We're asking because we're looking at the first full week of August,
which would allow us to have ApacheCon right after the BlackHat and
Def Con computer security conferences (<URL:http://www.blackhat.com/>
and <URL:http://www.defcon.org/>), also in Las Vegas around the same
time.  However, the USENIX Security conference in San Francisco is
also happening then, the O'Reilly open-source convention is in San
Diego in July, and LinuxWorld is in San Francisco in the middle of
August.  No matter where you look, the event schedule is crowded.

So, with all those conferences so close together, would you come
to ApacheCon?  We don't want to pick a date and venue and then
not have enough people able to attend!

Please let us know by replying to <coar@Apache.Org>.

Stay tuned, and thanks for your support and patience!
--
#ken
P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"