perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Kee Hinckley <naz...@somewhere.com>
Subject Re: Apache::ASP, cookieless sessions, and search engine
Date Sat, 25 Mar 2000 00:03:08 GMT
At 5:59 PM -0800 3/23/00, Remi Fasol wrote:
>ps. do i run the risk of having other cookieless
>bots/indexers churning endlessly on my site if i don't
>know which user_agents to filter out?

How about using robots.txt to direct them away from the session URLs,
but leave open a link that just gives a raw listing of the entire
site.  I do something similar at http://commons.somewhere.com/,
robots won't follow my indices since they have ? args, so I give them
a small hidden link (an _) at the bottom of each section page, that
leads them to database generated lists of all the files on the site.
- --

Kee Hinckley - Somewhere Consulting Group - Cyberspace Architects(rm)

everyone else's.