perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Franco Finstad" <ffins...@globalsight.com>
Subject PerlInitHandler is not accepted when compiling mod_perl with Stronghold
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2000 01:31:12 GMT
Problem:
When starting Stronghold, the directive:

PerlInitHandler Apache::StatINC

is not accepted.

I'm using the latest mod_perl and Stronghold server on Solaris 2.7.

In the mod_perl src dir I had rebuilt this way:

% perl Makefile.PL --prefix=/usr/local/gscorp/as PERL_INIT=1 > &
plmkflpl2.out
% ..
% make

Note that:
% grep PerlInitHandler plmkflpl2.out
PerlInitHandler.............enabled

Then I installed mod_perl and tried again to start the server :

and got...
....compiling my perl stuff ....
      o compiling Upload.
      o compiling Users.

   <> done.

Syntax error on line 740 of /usr/local/gscorp/as/conf/server.config:
Invalid command 'PerlInitHandler', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a
%

excerpt of conf file around line 740:

# tunable #
PerlSetEnv ORACLE_HOME /u01/app/oracle/product/8.0.5
# DB character set: US7ASCII or WE8ISO8859P1
PerlSetEnv NLS_LANG AMERICAN_AMERICA.US7ASCII

PerlInitHandler Apache::StatINC

PerlSetVar StatINCDebug On

Any ideas?

Thanks