perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Remi Fasol <re_mi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Apache::ASP, cookieless sessions, and search engine
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2000 01:59:55 GMT

--- Joshua Chamas <joshua@chamas.com> wrote:

> > PerlInitHandler "sub {
$_[0]->dir_config('NoState',
> 1) }"

> user agent.  Note though that this would leave
> $Session
> and $Application undefined, which would cause an
> error
> if using their methods within scripts, or in
> "strict"
> environments.

in my case, i refer to the $Session object
frequently...as well as run the pages under strict.

so i suppose the best solution under these
circumstances is to make the modification to 'sub
URL'?

thanks again,
remi

ps. do i run the risk of having other cookieless
bots/indexers churning endlessly on my site if i don't
know which user_agents to filter out?