perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Mike Miller" <mmil...@crusoe.net>
Subject [OT] Re: Win32 Telnet clients : Followup
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2000 21:59:57 GMT
On Wed, 15 Mar 2000 21:04:24 +0000, Matt Sergeant wrote:

>Not worth the money. Get your hands on either WierdX (a Java X client
>that's GPL'd) or probably even better for most people, VNC - a PCAnywhere
>equivalent that's also free.

Can't speak for WeirdX, but VNC is a godsend.  I use it to support remote offices over the
VPN, and in
house to do admin stuff on the datacenter NT servers from my desktop.  Has a few little quirks,
but
overall an excellent package, considering it works on both X and Windows.

Keep in mind that the free (read: available) version does not encrypt traffic (although they
have tips
on how to use ssh tunneling to do this), so consider this when using over the 'net (unless
you are using
an encrypted VPN of some type, but if so, you probably knew that anyway :-) )  The same applies
telnet in any case ...

Brgds,

Mike.