perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Peter J. Schoenster" <webmas...@rede.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Which Unix
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2000 18:00:17 GMT
On 8 Mar 00, at 17:37, Bill Moseley wrote:

> Not to start any wars, but anyone have a suggestion what's easiest to get
> up and running with the least amount of work?  The machines I currently
> work on run BSD and Solaris, but I'd probably not do either of those.  The
> $80 deluxe Redhat price doesn't scare me, so that amount of money isn't an
> issue.

I have never used mod_perl i an production environment ...
almost but I quit the company before it went live.  I have
installed apache/mod_perl and tested my scripts/apps on
SuSe,Mandrake,RedHat (multiple versions), and Digital Unix and
I've never had a problem ... but I've always built from scratch
(no rpm's).  How it works in a production environment might
return a different answer.

Peter

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go
away".
                -- Philip K. Dick