perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Andre Landwehr <andre.landw...@gmx.net>
Subject OT: DBI does not return all records?
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2000 09:38:40 GMT
Hi,
I use DBI to query a Sybase DB and display the results with
Embperl like in the following codesegment:
----------
<SELECT name="subject" size=1 class="normal">
	[*
		$sth->finish;
		$strSQL = "SELECT name FROM vbmg006";
		$sth = $dbh->prepare($strSQL);
		$sth->execute;
		while ($recordset = $sth->fetchrow_hashref) {
								print "<OPTION value=\"$recordset->{id}\">$recordset->{name}";
		}
		$sth->finish;
		$dbh->disconnect;
	*]
</SELECT>

Unfortunately sometimes only 3 (and it's everytime exactly 3!) of
the expected 10 or so rows get displayed. Since I experience this
behaviour for the 3rd time now I thought I'd ask here if someone
experienced a similar thing and if there is a fix/workaround for
it. The error seems to happen somewhere in DBI since a
$dbh->trace shows me that only 3 rows are returned to my script.

Andre