perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Matt Sergeant <m...@sergeant.org>
Subject Re: suExec and mod_perl
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2000 14:16:48 GMT
On Wed, 08 Mar 2000, Alessandro Zummo wrote:
> It seems a common question, bu i was unable to find the answer
>  in the archive.
>
>  I've an environment based on apache and cgi scripts
>  and i want to switch to mod_perl.
>
>  Everything works fine, except that suexec
>  is no more used and i don't know why.
>  Any access id made by the www-data user,
>  i.e. the default apache's user.
>
>  My environment is pretty simple, without
>   virtual hosts or anything similar. cgi-scripts
>   can be located in any cgi-bin subdirectory
>   in the UserDir path and are activated by
>   a DirectoryMatch directive, which also
>   contains the SetHandler and PerlHandler
>   directives.
>
>  I followed the guidelines of cgi_to_mod_perl
>  manual page
>
>  Any suggestion?

suExec works only with mod_cgi - that's detailed in the documentation.

A mod_perl solution to the problem would be nice - but it's not happened
yet.

--
<Matt/>

Details: FastNet Software Ltd - XML, Perl, Databases.
Tagline: High Performance Web Solutions
Web Sites: http://come.to/fastnet http://sergeant.org
Available for Consultancy, Contracts and Training.