Hello, currently there's only a single implementation of PhysicalWriter that I were able to find -- PhysicalFSWriter, which only gives the option to write to HDFS.

I'd like to reuse the ORC file format for my own purposes without the destination being HDFS, but just some byte buffer where I can decide myself where the bytes end up being saved.

I've started implementing PhysicalWriter, but it seems like a lot of it just ends up being copied over from PhysicalFSWriter which seems redundant. So, I'm wondering if maybe something already exists to achieve my goal of just writing resulting columns to DataOutputStream (maybe there's some unofficial Java library or I'm missing some obvious official API).

Thanks,
Andrey