orc-user mailing list archives

From Andrey Elenskiy <andrey.elens...@arista.com>
Subject [Java] PhysicalWriter to DataOutputStream implementation?
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2021 19:19:48 GMT
Hello, currently there's only a single implementation of PhysicalWriter
that I were able to find -- PhysicalFSWriter, which only gives the option
to write to HDFS.

I'd like to reuse the ORC file format for my own purposes without the
destination being HDFS, but just some byte buffer where I can decide myself
where the bytes end up being saved.

I've started implementing PhysicalWriter, but it seems like a lot of it
just ends up being copied over from PhysicalFSWriter which seems redundant.
So, I'm wondering if maybe something already exists to achieve my goal of
just writing resulting columns to DataOutputStream (maybe there's some
unofficial Java library or I'm missing some obvious official API).

Thanks,
Andrey