orc-user mailing list archives

From "Matamoros, Ronald" <ronald.matamo...@accenture.com>
Subject Creating a Reader from a Java InputStream
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2020 19:00:56 GMT
Hi All,

Orc version 1.6.2 (Core Java)

In the Java context is there a way (direct or indirect) to create a Reader from a Java InputStream?

Something like:
    OrcFile.java -> createReader(InputStream is, ReaderOptions options) ...
    ReaderImpl.java -> public ReaderImpl(InputStream is, OrcFile.ReaderOptions options)

I noticed that the C++ Core Java does have this signature version (from the documentation
website).
Checked the source code and internet, but did not find anything similar for Java.

In my case, I already have the Orc file on a Java InputStream in my environment; do not need
to load it from the file system (no Path).
Would like to avoid writing to a temporary file to consume the OrcFile.
Was wondering if the constructor is omitted due to a performance hit or important design criteria.

Maybe I just missed some utility class or combination of calls that would achieve the same.
If not, was planning try implement my own constructor, but wanted to check there is a better/easier
way.

Would you be so kind to point me to the correct direction.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
Ronald Matamoros

of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy. Your
privacy is important to us. Accenture uses your personal data only in compliance with data
protection laws. For further information on how Accenture processes your personal data, please
see our privacy statement at https://www.accenture.com/us-en/privacy-policy.

www.accenture.com