orc-user mailing list archives

From ust...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Csv-import: filter columns and piping input?
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2019 09:53:39 GMT
Hi Marty,

No, this tool does not support the features you have mentioned. We can do that if you really
want those. Also you are welcome to contribute it by yourself. :)

Gang
Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 20, 2019, at 13:35, Marty J. Sullivan <marty.sullivan@cornell.edu> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have gotten the csv-import c++ tool working fine. However, it doesn’t seem like there
is a way to either:

> Pipe CSV input to the program
> Select only specific columns from the CSV file to output to ORC
>
> I notice that I *can* specify a schema that contains, say, only the first three columns
of a CSV file, but if I want to only include, for example, columns 1,2 and 5, that is not
possible. It would also be great to be able to pipe CSV input via stdin but it doesn’t seem
like this is supported (unless I’m doing something wrong)