orc-user mailing list archives

From "Marty J. Sullivan" <marty.sulli...@cornell.edu>
Subject Csv-import: filter columns and piping input?
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2019 21:35:22 GMT
Hello,

I have gotten the csv-import c++ tool working fine. However, it doesn’t seem like there
is a way to either:

  1.  Pipe CSV input to the program
  2.  Select only specific columns from the CSV file to output to ORC

I notice that I *can* specify a schema that contains, say, only the first three columns of
a CSV file, but if I want to only include, for example, columns 1,2 and 5, that is not possible.
It would also be great to be able to pipe CSV input via stdin but it doesn’t seem like this
is supported (unless I’m doing something wrong)

Does anyone have any advice or are there plans to support these features in the future?

Thanks,
Marty Sullivan