orc-user mailing list archives

From David Phillips <da...@acz.org>
Subject Re: Compressed data format for LZ4
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2018 07:37:47 GMT
Thanks for the pointer. I didn't realize that was already implemented.

I think the 3-byte header you are talking about is for the compressed size
(and the "isOriginal" flag). I was asking about adding the uncompressed
size as part of the compressor-specific compressed data block (like Snappy
has). However, since Apache ORC already implements it, the compressed data
format has already been decided.