orc-user mailing list archives

From István <lecc...@gmail.com>
Subject ORC without Hadoop
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2017 08:41:58 GMT
Hi,

I was wondering how hard it would be to drop Hadoop as a dependency from
ORC. The reason why I am curious is because I have the following code:

import org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path;
import org.apache.orc.OrcFile;
import org.apache.orc.TypeDescription;
import org.apache.orc.Writer;

TypeDescription schema1 = TypeDescription.fromString("struct<x:int,y:int>");
Writer writer = OrcFile.createWriter(new Path("/data/test3.java.orc"),
OrcFile.writerOptions(conf).setSchema(schema1));

I need Hadoop because I would like to set a path (not on HDFS) for the ORC
file and OrcFile requires and empty Hadoop config. If I am not mistaken
these could be achieved not using the Hadoop libraries.

Does anybody has a solution to avoiding Hadoop libraries for a ORC project?

Thank you in advance,
Istvan

--
the sun shines for all