orc-user mailing list archives

From "Ravi Tatapudi" <ravi_tatap...@in.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Writing ORC files without HDFS
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2016 07:46:59 GMT
Yes. "hive" project is the right candidate, for this work.

Thanks,
 Ravi

From:   István <leccine@gmail.com>
To:     user@orc.apache.org
Date:   01/13/2016 07:28 PM
Subject:        Re: Writing ORC files without HDFS

Ravi,

one final question: which package should I import into my project?

I found this as the best candidate:

<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.hive</groupId>
<artifactId>hive-exec</artifactId>
<version>1.2.0</version>
</dependency

Thanks,
Istvan

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 8:38 AM, Ravi Tatapudi <ravi_tatapudi@in.ibm.com>
wrote:
Hello,

You can write ORC-files on local-filesystem, by getting the local
"FileSystem" object, as "FileSystem.getLocal(conf)". Pl. find below the
simple-example given below & see if it works for your requirement.

public class orcw {

        private static Configuration conf = new Configuration();
        public static Writer writer ;

public static class OrcRow
{
        int col1 ;
        String col2 ;
        String col3 ;

        OrcRow(int a, String b, String c) {
        this.col1  = a ;
        this.col2  = b ;
        this.col3  = c ;
        }
}

public static void main(String[] args) throws IOException,

    InterruptedException, ClassNotFoundException {

            String path = "/tmp/orcfile1";

            try {

            conf = new Configuration();
        FileSystem fs = FileSystem.getLocal(conf);

            ObjectInspector ObjInspector =
ObjectInspectorFactory.getReflectionObjectInspector(OrcRow.class,
ObjectInspectorFactory.ObjectInspectorOptions.JAVA);
            writer = OrcFile.createWriter(new Path(path),
OrcFile.writerOptions(conf).inspector(ObjInspector).stripeSize(100000).bufferSize(10000).compress(CompressionKind.ZLIB).version(OrcFile.Version.V_0_12));

        writer.addRow(new OrcRow(1,"hello","orcFile")) ;
        writer.addRow(new OrcRow(2,"hello2","orcFile2")) ;

            writer.close();
            }
            catch (Exception e)
            {