openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Marcus <mar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bogus link
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2015 00:00:11 GMT
Am 11/12/2015 12:05 AM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
>> Because that link is leading us to sourceforge, and sourceforge's
>> links go to 4.1.1
>> Sad, is it not?
>
> Maybe you got confused by the notice at the above URL saying:
> ---
> Looking for the latest version? Download
> Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.1_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US.tar.gz (161.1 MB)
> ---
>
> Of course that page does offer 4.1.2 (just scroll down), but the URL you
> posted should never be used. As Rory wrote,
> http://www.openoffice.org/download is the only URL we advertise. And,
> unless one is seeing outdated content due to caching, you download 4.1.2
> from there.
>
> I think Marcus (in CC) updated the "Latest version" field back at the
> time; Marcus, if you know how to update it to 4.1.2 (it is probably done
> in the SourceForge project admin panel) it would be good. It is probably
> a setting in the project admin panel somewhere, if you don't remember
> if/how you did it I can take a look too.

something is always forgotten in the release todo list. ;-)
But I've changed the default download now.

Actually it's not in the admin panel. Here is a short how-to in case you
need it:

- login with admin permissions

- go to the file that should be set as new default file (e.g., from this
folder
"https://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/4.1.2/binaries/en-US/")

- click on the [i] icon right to the file name

- in the popup click on [Select All]

- click on [Save]

- wait a few minutes

- reload the initial webpage
   (https://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/)

Now the listed file at "Looking for the latest version?" and the link
behind the green button should have changed to the new selected file.

HTH

Marcus