openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>
Subject [discussion] unmaintained and unsupported Apache CMS
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2018 08:03:00 GMT
Well it turns out the Apache CMS system we use for our download side is
unmaintained and unsupported.

If the system breaks it takes weeks to get someone to fix it. This
turned up in a discussion on the private list.

I start / move the discussion to the dev list because stuff that turns
up in private tends to get stuck there.

It is something we should address mid term.

If you have made some suggestions it would be great if you could repeat.

infra has no suggestions how to deal with the issue. They tend to use
Pelican for building from markdown.

We use rewrapped html. So thats not working out for us I guess.

Dave suggested to use the CMS build script within Github, or maybe
Jenkins. (Mentioning Dave, because he mentioned to move the discussion
should move to dev. So I assume it is fine to mention him.)

I hope I did not spoil anything, and do not get hit like the last time. :/

All the best

Peter