openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>
Subject Re: Update for Step by Step Build Guide for Ubuntu?
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2018 08:46:25 GMT
Okay, I did a really poor and hasty migration when I switched machines.
And the additional script I used to build OO went missing.

Basically you need to tweak the gcc compiler by changing the compiler
flags. What you do is you extend/override the Variables CFLAG and CXXFLAG.

The best ressource is gentoo to understand the topic in general, since
their users have to understand the topic to some degree.

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GCC_optimization

What you must set is the standard: -std=gnu99, maybe gnu++98 I do not
remember exactly. Important is you use gnu++98 instead of c++98, because
we use the gnu extensions.

So you run before you start export CFLAG="${CFGLAG} -std=gnu++98"

You have to set also some behavior flags. However I do not remember
these. One was important to allow numbers to be interpret in logical
operations and another error message I cant remember.

Maybe when you post, I will know.

I searched some documents on the net but I did not find the options I
used on first glance. Also note that you should check the Options preset
by Ubuntu.

I am sorry, i whish I had more pointers or the script available.