openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [discussion] unmaintained and unsupported Apache CMS
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2018 16:44:39 GMT
Peter Kovacs wrote:
> Well it turns out the Apache CMS system we use for our download side is
> unmaintained and unsupported. ...
> It is something we should address mid term.

For the main openoffice.org site we could simply go back to static HTML
(plus SSI for the limited usage we are making of it now) and edit HTML
pages directly: i.e., we store in SVN the result of the CMS processing.
We wouldn't lose much, since I think most people edit HTML anyway when
editing the site.

For openoffice.apache.org we have everything in markdown and we could
either keep the markdown and use a different tool, or, again, convert to
HTML and keep the converted copy, but in this case we would have a
maintainability loss.

Regards,
   Andrea.