openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AOO 4.1.6-RC1 m1 r1844555
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2018 21:42:15 GMT
On 23/10/2018 Matthias Seidel wrote:
> Am 23.10.18 um 13:06 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
>> r1844555 was the SVN version of HEAD at the time of the email.
> Yes, and it increases by the time of writing...
> So it gives no information about what revision the RC should be build upon?

This has always been an issue to the structure of our SVN repository,
but fortunately it is only cosmetic.

All the ASF projects use the same SVN repository, and the revision
number increases (obviously) any time someone commits to any part of the
repository. So a commit to another project will increase the overall
revision number while the OpenOffice code remains the same.

This means there is always a range of SVN HEAD revisions that correspond
to the same OpenOffice code. Only running "svn log" in the OpenOffice
checkout will tell you the last "real" OpenOffice revision.

I think we used to have a double numbering, like "revision 1844555
corresponding to openoffice revision 1844436"... but this only made it
more confusing!

Regards,
   Andrea.