openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Lino <pedro.l...@mailbox.org>
Subject Re: Wrong distro detected?
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2018 08:23:24 GMT
Hi Marcus, all

> On October 16, 2018 at 11:16 PM Marcus <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:

> > 1) For versions until 4.1.5 (our current one) links for MD5 hash values
> > are still offered but no longer for newer versions.
> >
> > 2) When Linux is choosen as platform, a new link "RPM vs. DEB = What to
> > choose?" is offered. When hovering with the mouse a text is shown in
> > which Linux distributions RPM and DEB packages are used.
> >
> > Especially for topic #2, does it hit the spot?
>
> Matthias sent me a hint for an error. But I would like to see more
> feedback from others.

Yes, that would be an improvement.

I still think that offering DEB by default would be the best option.

Even if some people don't like it, Ubuntu and Debian based distros are the most widely used
Linux desktop OSes (lacking a better statistical source, Distrowatch top distros show this
for years)

Regards,
Pedro