openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Seidel <matthias.sei...@hamburg.de>
Subject Re: Help building AOO416 on Ubuntu 16.04
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2018 10:34:37 GMT
Hi Pedro,

Am 14.10.2018 um 12:21 schrieb Pedro Lino:
> Hi Gavin
>

>> What build instructions have you been following so far?
>>

> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step#Ubuntu_12.04
>
> but checking the 14.04 changes if needed

I think I managed it with these instructions. But ignored most of the
warnings, as they are fixed already (either in Ubuntu or in AOO branch).

>>         > >         Is someone going to be online today on IRC or available
for direct email? I think these newbie problems don't belong in the dev mailing list.
>>>     >
>>     16.04 isnt in our build systems yet for openoffice, and so only a handful of
developers have been trying it so far.
>>     With that said, I believe this list is the right place for such questions so
that those that follow can see the discussions in the
>>     archives.
>>
> Yes, I am aware of that. But it was suggested in this mailing list that since 14.04 is
EOL and 16.04 will be supported until 2021, this should be the next move.

14.04 is still supported until 2019 (5 years for an LTS).
But 16.04 would be the next step.

Regards,
   Matthias

> Since I'm running 16.04 I volunteered to give it a run (my first time building binaries)
and check what are the differences/obstacles compared to what is described for 12.04 and 14.04

> If the people on the list are up to receiving newbie questions, I don't have any problem
in showing publicly my ignorance :)