openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Seidel <matthias.sei...@hamburg.de>
Subject Re: Test builds of AOO 4.1.6 HEAD
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2018 11:09:27 GMT
Am 20.10.18 um 13:04 schrieb Pedro Lino:
> Hi Matthias
>
>> On October 20, 2018 at 11:26 AM Matthias Seidel <matthias.seidel@hamburg.de mailto:matthias.seidel@hamburg.de
> wrote:
>>

>>         > > I can confirm that it is running as expected under Ubuntu 16.04
x64 (Thanks Jim!)
>>>     >
>>         > > The About box does have a quite different text compared from what
is produced by the buildbots.
>>>     >
>>         > > https://i.imgur.com/3r5Btju.png
>>>     >     Yes, of course!
>>     We modified the text because many people used these builds for
>>     "productive" work. ;-)
>>
>>     But the question remains why the copyright year is different?
>>

> I am aware of the Buildbot differences...
>
> What I was referring to is that it is not only the copyright year. It is also missing
the sentence "Portion copyright The Apache Software Foundation"

> It seems that the text in the About dialog is customized on each builder's system and
therefore it is not standardized?

Yes, the text can be customized with configure switches. You can see it
also in my Windows builds.
This way we can have different text for different builds.

But even if I wanted, I can not change the copyright year...
That's what I am wondering about. ;-)

BTW: Can you confirm 2017 as copyright year in Jim's Linux builds?

Regards,

   Matthias