openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Lino <pedro.l...@mailbox.org>
Subject Re: Update for Step by Step Build Guide for Ubuntu?
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2018 21:37:59 GMT
Hi Andrea

Thank you for the fast answer!

> Sure it is. With 60GB you can build all languages. For a test build
> (English only) you won't need more than 10GB.

Yes,  i would prefer to start with a simple test case.

> > How long will it take to build AOO on a Intel® Core™ i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz ×
4 with 7,7 GiB RAM?

> About one-two hours (use a parallel build -P2 or -P4; documentation
> explains it). But you will need half a day to get things running before
> you build; I would recommend checking out
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/branches/AOO416/ to have a
> stable basis (or even AOO415 if you wish, but with AOO416 we could maybe
> detect blockers that we might want to fix in 4.1.6).

I have already downloaded AOO416

> You will bump into many "newcomer's issues" during your first build.
> Feel free to ask early, many of us will be able to help you. Actually
> you may even collect them to the benefit of new people who want to get
> their first build done...

Yes, I will be taking notes
But this is not a "virgin" machine so I'm not sure if it will be a perfect example. E.g. gcc
and g++ version 5.4.0 are already installed
Maybe it's easier to ask questions at #dev.openoffice.org ?

Thanks,
Pedro