openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Discussion] Program for Sandro
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2018 19:11:18 GMT
On 06/09/2018 Peter kovacs wrote:
> Hi Andrea,
> Can you specify at least one task? So Sandro can make a plan.

It took a while, but here I am with a task.

One of the many things that would be nice to have is a new skin (i.e.,
graphical theme) for our MWiki
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Main_Page
(which is also being moved to a new server, but this is irrelevant to
this discussion).

This requires some PHP and design capabilities, and a tutorial is
available at
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Skinning_Part_1
and related pages.

Sandro, can this work as a task for you? All you will need is a standard
MediaWiki installation from https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Download (I
recommend the "stable LTS" version, since that is the one we are going
to settle on) and the tutorial above.

If you would like to receive the current skin (I don't even know if it
is a skin or just a set of CSS customizations) just ask and I can
provide it; but honestly I would start from
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Category:All_skins then find one that you
like and extend/customize it.

The logo must be updated too and Matthias already sent the new one.

Regards,
   Andrea.