openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject OO 4.2.0 problem Page Background
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2018 08:11:28 GMT
For information:

On a Windows XP machine (32 bit) I have installed AOO 4.2.0 (en-US) version 1842967.  The
Page Format shows "Area" (not "Background", as on Linux 64 version) as a tab, and I can change
a page background on the Windows version.  The crash in Impress, when selecting a Master Page,
does not occur on that Windows version.

On my preferred machine, running AOO 4.2.0 (en-US) 2018-10-05_08:36:16 - Rev. 184287 on Xubuntu
18.04.1 64 bit I find the following differences from the Windows version.

1) Page Background tab in Linux is called Area tab in Windows
2) Page Background does not work in Writer in Linux (i.e., that tab is inactive).  Works OK
(as Area tab) in Windows
3) Selecting Master Page sidebar in Impress Linux DEB 64 crashes OO.  Works OK in Windows.

Matthias Seidel tells me that his version of OO on Linux uses Area, not Page to apply the
Page backgrounds.

The Page background problem also showed up on AOO 4.1.6 (linux DEB 64 version); others have
reported the crash with Master Pages in Impress on that version.  I have not investigated
the 4.1.6 version on a Windows machine.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>