openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Lino <pedro.l...@mailbox.org>
Subject Re: Help building AOO416 on Ubuntu 16.04
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2018 10:21:09 GMT
Hi Gavin

> What build instructions have you been following so far?

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step#Ubuntu_12.04

but checking the 14.04 changes if needed

>         > >         Is someone going to be online today on IRC or available for
direct email? I think these newbie problems don't belong in the dev mailing list.

> >     >
>     16.04 isnt in our build systems yet for openoffice, and so only a handful of developers
have been trying it so far.
>     With that said, I believe this list is the right place for such questions so that
those that follow can see the discussions in the
>     archives.

Yes, I am aware of that. But it was suggested in this mailing list that since 14.04 is EOL
and 16.04 will be supported until 2021, this should be the next move.

Since I'm running 16.04 I volunteered to give it a run (my first time building binaries) and
check what are the differences/obstacles compared to what is described for 12.04 and 14.04

If the people on the list are up to receiving newbie questions, I don't have any problem in
showing publicly my ignorance :)

Best,

Pedro