openoffice-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Don Lewis <truck...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A more sane way to build - SCons, deCygwination and other hopes
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2017 00:41:04 GMT
On  2 Dec, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:

> * It already broke certain mixtures of build settings, eg. I think you
> can't both debug build and use precompiled headers on Windows, CFLAGS gets
> lost somewhere...

I figured out that problem and discovered that when using precompiled
headers with Visual C++, the optimization flags need to be consistent
between the precompiled headers and when the source files are compiled.

After getting past that, I found that when debugging enabled the
argument to -Fd must also be consistent between compiling the headers
and compiling the sources.  The first problem there is that when
compiling the sources the value of $(PDBFILE) is somehow getting lost.
I'm not sure what is going wrong there, but I have a workaround.  The
next problem is that when building a module with multiple libraries, the
value of $(PDBFILE) has the library name built in as in:
  $W/LinkTarget/pdb/Library/<libname>.lib.pdb
That means that the headers need to be compiled separately for each
library with the matching value of $(PDBFILE) and the resulting compiled
headers need to be stashed in a separate, per-library place instead of
  $W/PrecompiledHeader/debug/precompiled_<module>.hxx.{pch,pch.obj}
This is pretty baked into the the gbuild framework due to the use of
globals.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@openoffice.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@openoffice.apache.org


Mime
View raw message