openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Mechtilde <...@mechtilde.de>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Public Beta for 4.2
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2017 06:34:28 GMT
Hello

I like this idea, too. it makes it visible that we aren't dead.

Regards

Mechtilde

Am 01.12.2017 um 03:41 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
> I like it. I already have Linux, Windows and macOS 4.2.0-dev builds available
> (http://home.apache.org/~jim/AOO-builds/ <http://home.apache.org/~jim/AOO-builds/>)
for some langs

>> On Nov 30, 2017, at 5:15 PM, Marcus <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:
>>
>> Am 30.11.2017 um 21:26 schrieb Dave Fisher:
>>> In light of our current situation with getting builds together but not having
a lot of people doing more than simple QA what does the team think about releasing a Public
Beta for 4.2.0? I think that this would be an advantage for the project and might serve to
bring in more of the community as QA volunteers.

>> I thought it's without discussion that we need a (long) beta test phase for 4.2.0.
So, yes for your proposal.

>> We can create a new entry on the download webpage, some advertising areas on the
other webpages, and other fine things to make it visible.

>> And - also this should be clear already - we need several builds of 4.2.0 with further
included bugfixes; to show an increasing quality towards the final release build.

>> For me the real question is " *When* do we start the beta? ". ;-) I would like to
have a specific level of quality that we give to our users. Otherwise we will get spammed
by bug reports which nobody wants to handle.