openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From toki <toki.kant...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Start process for AOO 4.1.5-RC1
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2017 16:38:51 GMT
On 12/04/2017 12:00 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> Are you accepting blockers?
>
> I am, yes :)
>> We don't have a 4.1.5 blocker flag in Bugzilla, but I guess we can do without it
if this is the only extra fix we will include - dictionary updates are routine. Of course,
if the dictionary update is deemed not to be important we can skip it too.

English dictionaries has an updated release every month, but extensions
for AOo and LibO are only released every two months, unless there has
been a recent release, in which case the update extension release is
skipped.

In other words

English Dictionaries 2.55 was released on the first of December.

* No extension for LibO or AOo of English Dictionaries 2.55 will be
released.

*  English Dictionaries 2.56 will be released on the first of January 2018.
* An extension of English Dictionaries 2.56 will not be released for LibO;
* Unless an update of AOo is released in either December, or early
January, an extension of English Dictionaries 2.56 for AOo will be
released around 4 January 2018.

* English Dictionaries 2.57 will be released on the first of February.
* No extension for LibO or AOo for English Dictionaries 2.57 will be
released.

* English Dictionaries 2.58 will be released on the First of March.
* An extension of English Dictionaries 2.58 for AOo will be released
around 4 March.
* An extension of English Dictionaries 2.58 for LibO will be released
around 4 March.

The rational for skipping extension updates when a new version of LibO
or AOo is released, is to avoid the appearance of the program being
"broken", right after it is installed.

jonathon